Another man who suffered burn injuries in a fire incident at a house in Sahebapara of Siddhirganj upazila early Monday died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Kiron Miah, 45.
‘Kiron died at about 12:00am at the intensive care unit of Sheikh Hasina Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute under DMCH,’ said inspector Bacchu Miah of DMCH police outpost.
Eight members of a family suffered burn injuries after the fire broke out at their house at about 5:30am on Monday. Among them Nurjahan died at about 11:05 am at DMCH.
Gas accumulated in the flat of the victims, as the burner had remained on all night and the fire broke out when one of them lighted a cigarette, said Mohammad Shahjahan, senior station officer of Adamjee Fire Service.
A firefighting team extinguished the fire and rescued the injured family members who are currently being treated at DMCH.
They are – Hiron Miah, 25, Hiron’s wife Mukta, 20, Md Abul Hossain, 25, Md Kawser, Lima, 3, and Apon, 10.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country