A 71-year-old grandfather and a Bangladeshi worker were among three new coronavirus cases confirmed in Singapore on Sunday, said the Ministry of Health of Singapore, reports The Straits Times.
The third case was a 54-year-old Singaporean man who works at Resorts World Sentosa.
All three had no currently known links to previous cases or recent travel history to China.
The total number of people infected here has grown to 43.
Six were now in critical condition and in the intensive care unit, up from four previously, said the Ministry of Health in its latest update.
Meanwhile, four have been discharged, making up a total of six who have recovered.
The grandfather, Singapore’s case 41, reported onset of symptoms on February 1, and had visited a general practitioner clinic on the same day, and again on February 5. He sought treatment at Hougang Polyclinic on February 6, and at Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s emergency department on February 7 where he was immediately isolated. He was confirmed to have the infection on February 8 afternoon. He is now warded at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases.
Prior to hospital admission, he had visited Paya Lebar Methodist Church (5 Boundary Road), and a gathering at Braddell Heights Residents’ Committee. He had also picked up his grandchild outside Pat’s Schoolhouse Kovan (755 Upper Serangoon Road). He lives in Upper Serangoon Road.
The second case, case 42, is a 39-year-old Bangladeshi work pass holder here. He is also warded in an isolation room at NCID.
His symptoms surfaced on February 1, and he went to a GP clinic on February 3, and Changi General Hospital on February 5.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit at Changi General Hospital after a follow-up appointment at Bedok Polyclinic on February 7.
He was confirmed to have the coronavirus on Saturday afternoon, and was then transferred to NCID.
Before being admitted to hospital, he had visited Mustafa Centre in Little India, and stayed at The Leo dormitory in Kaki Bukit.
The third new case is a 54-year-old Singaporean man who is warded in an isolation room at Sengkang General Hospital. He was in Malaysia on Jan 26.
His symptoms set in on January 30, and he visited two GP clinics on January 30, February 5 and February 6 before seeking treatment at Sengkang General Hospital on February 6.
He was warded in an isolation room on February 7 before he was confirmed to have the coronavirus on February 8 night.
Prior to being admitted to hospital, he had stayed at home in Fernvale Close, except for trips to seek medical treatment and once to work at Resorts World Sentosa.
The four discharged on Sunday include a 41-year-old Singaporean man who was among those evacuated from Wuhan by Scoot on January 30. He is case 26, and is the first Singaporean to have recovered.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Foreign affairs