Bangladesh so far safe from coronavirus: health minister

United News of Bangladesh . Dhaka | Published: 16:31, Jan 28,2020

 
 

Health minister Zahid Maleque. — New Age file photo

Health minister Zahid Maleque on Tuesday said there is nothing to worry about coronavirus as no such patient has been detected in Bangladesh yet.

The minister said this at a press conference at the Secretariat after an inter-ministerial meeting.

‘We’re working so that the virus cannot enter Bangladesh,’ he said adding that the government is fully ready to face the situation even if the virus infects anyone.

Chinese health authorities on Tuesday announced that 4,515 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) had been reported in 30 provincial-level regions by the end of Monday.

A total of 106 people died of the disease, reports Xinhua.

The minister said the airports, land ports, sea ports have been directed to take necessary measures in this regard and scanning machines set up at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport while hand scanning machines in others.

He said all the civil surgeons have been directed to arrange treatment at hospitals while Kurmitola General Hospital and Infectious Diseases Hospital in Dhaka to take special measures for providing treatment to coronavirus-infected people.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

images