The Dhaka Residential Model School and College authorities on Saturday formed a committee to probe the death of its nine-grader student Nayeemul Abrar due to electrocution on Friday.
Nayeemul, 15, a non-resident student of the college was electrocuted during an event styled as Ki Ananda, arranged by juvenile magazine Kishor Alo, published by the daily Prothom Alo.
He was from Noakhali and lived with his family in capital’s Agargaon area.
The college principal Brigadier General Kazi Shamim Farhad said that the three-member body would investigate the whole incident and submit its report within seven days.
Students of the institution on Saturday demonstrated in protest against the death of their peer.
They blamed mismanagement and negligence of the authorities for Abrar’s death and demanded punishment for the persons concerned.
The authorities had admitted injured Nayeem to Universal Medical College Hospital instead of one of the nearby hospitals only because the hospital was partner in the event, said agitating students.
Bangladesh Chhatra Union and other student organisations protested against the incident and demanded punishment for the responsible people.
Kishor Alo editor Anisul Hoque expressed ‘deep regret’ over the death of Abrar in a Facebook post.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country