The office of the Detective Branch at the Chittagong Metropolitan Police headquarters in the port city caught fire on Monday morning.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit at the Wi-Fi router around 10:50am, said Amena Begum, CMP additional deputy commissioner, at a press briefing.
The fire burned down the router and tool box of the Wi-Fi server board, she said, adding that some documents were also gutted in the incident but no casualty was reported.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country