Seven shops were gutted in a fire at Chandgaon in Chattogram city on Tuesday.
The fire broke out from an electric short circuit at a tin-roofed shop in Kaptai Rastar Matha area of Chandgaon at about 5:30am, said station officer Atish Chakma of Kalurghat fire station.
On information, three fire-fighting units from the fire station went to the spot and doused the fire after an effort of three hours, he said.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country