Bangladesh

Advertisement

 

College student electrocuted while playing in Dhaka

Staff Correspondent | Published: 16:49, Sep 26,2020 | Updated: 00:23, Sep 27,2020

 
 

A Higher Secondary Certificate examinee was electrocuted while playing cricket with his friends in Dhaka’s South Kamalapur area on Saturday afternoon.

Ferdous Hasan Shuvo, a student of BAF Shaheen College, died after he touched an electrocuted tin-roof as he went there to collect ball while playing cricket, said police.

The accident occurred around 12:30pm when Ferdous was playing cricket in an alley with some of his friends.

As the cricket ball flew into a nearby tin-shade house, Ferdous climbed an electric pole and touched the tin roof to fetch it, said his friend Sahadat Hossain.

The tin was electrocuted as it might have come in contact with a livewire and Shuvo was electrocuted there, said Inspector Bachchu Mia of DMHC police outpost quoting the victim’s friends.

With critical injuries, he was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead around 1:30pm.

Ferdous was the eldest among three siblings and lived with his family in Kamalapur area.

The body was kept at the hospital morgue for autopsy.

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

images