Bangladesh

Advertisement

 

Bulb warehouse burn in city fire

United News of Bangladesh .Dhaka | Published: 10:57, Jul 15,2020

 
 

A warehouse of LED bulbs was badly damaged in a fire that broke out at Dhaka’s Bongshal on Tuesday night.

Mahfuz Riven, a duty officer at Fire Service and Civil Defence’s headquarters, said that the fire originated on the fourth floor of the six-storey building on Lutfunnahar Lane at Alubazar at about 8:21pm.

On information, five fire-fighting units rushed there and doused the blaze at about 9:36pm, Riven said. 

An electronic glitch sparked the fire. A large quantity of LED bulbs that were stored on the floor were destroyed in the fire, causing a loss of around Tk 5 lakh, he added.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

images