One of the trafficking victims shot at his head in a massacre in Libya last week was still in critical condition in a hospital in Tripoli, Bangladesh diplomats in Tripoli said on Sunday.
Condition of the health of nine, out of a total of 11 people, who got injured in the incident, was improving while another injured person was making slow progress, they said.
The local authorities in Libya buried corpses of 26 Bangladeshi trafficking victims, who were murdered in the massacre on May 26, at a local graveyard amid pressure from local armed militias in Mizdah, Bangladesh ambassador to Libya Sk Sekander Ali told New Age over phone.
‘Hospitals doctors reported that one of the injured was not out of risk for life,’ ASM Ashraful Islam, counsellor at Bangladesh embassy in Tripoli told New Age over phone. ‘The other injured people were making progress.’
The person in critical condition would require surgery, but surgeons suggested making his health condition stable before taking him to the operation theatre, he said.
The relatives of a slain trafficker, who happens to be a Libyan national, took the law in their own hands and committed ‘vendetta crimes’ by murdering 26 people from Bangladesh and four from African countries, in addition to injuring 11 others, according to the interior ministry of the internationally recognised Government of National Accord of the north African country.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Foreign affairs