Bangladesh all-rounder Mohammad Saifuddin said on Thursday that he had fully recovered from injury and was ready to give his best in the forthcoming one-day international series against Zimbabwe, starting in Sylhet on March 1.
The 23-year old cricketer had been out of all forms of cricket since September last year after he aggravated a back injury, which forced him into long rehabilitation and side-lined him for about four months.
Saifuddin returned to the field this month after a long injury lay-off with the Bangladesh Cricket League third round match for BCB North Zone against Islami Bank East Zone in Cox’s Bazar, where he bowled 13 and seven overs in two innings respectively without any success.
Satisfied with his fitness, the BCB selected him in Bangladesh’s 15-member squad for the first two of three match ODI series against Zimbabwe.
‘I got a full clearance from the medical team. Now I have no obligations. I played in the BCL, where there were bindings of bowling eight overs in an innings. But that was about two weeks ago. Now, I hope I can give 100 per cent,’ said Saifuddin at the National Cricket Academy Ground in Mirpur.
Saifuddin, who was yet to play a Test but had been a regular member of Bangladesh’s limited over sides before injury, believed that the hosts were ahead in every aspect of the game and would be able to clean sweep Zimbabwe in the upcoming series.
‘Of course it is possible. Comparatively, we are much ahead of Zimbabwe. We have done well in Tests. We have swept them in the past few ODI series. So, I hope that we would clean sweep them again this time,’ he said.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Cricket