A sweet shop worker died from electrocution at Dholaipar of Jatrabari in Dhaka on Friday morning.
The victim was identified as Oliul Islam, 15, son of Jamal Munshi of Gopaldi at Dashmina in Patuakhali. He was an employee of Vaggokul Mistanno Vandar.
Jatrabari police sub-inspector Md Nasir Uddin said that Oliul got electrocuted when he went to turn on the switch of the water pump inside the shop.
An unnatural death case was filed by the police as the victim’s family members were unwilling to file any case against anyone, he added.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country