Four members of a family sustained burn injuries after a fire broke out in a house at Kathoa of Salna in the city on Saturday.
The injured are Yakub Ali, his wife Aklima, their son Swapon, and Yakub’s father-in-law Noor Mohammad.
Shahidul Islam, local ward councillor, said hearing a big bang local people rushed to the house of Yakub Ali Mondol around 4:00am.
They rescued Yakub Ali, his wife, son and father-in-law from the house and admitted them to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Medical College Hospital.
They were shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital as their condition deteriorated, he added.
The origin of the fire could not be known yet, Shahidul said.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country