Business

Advertisement

 

ADP spending rises slightly in 11 months

But Tk 45,000cr needs to be spent in June

Staff Correspondent | Published: 00:00, Jun 19,2019

 
 

The implementation rate of the revised annual development programme was recorded at 67.97 per cent in the first 11 months of the outgoing fiscal year 2018-2019, which is 5.16 percentage points more from 62.81 per cent of the same months of previous FY 2017-2018.
Though the ADP implementation rate increased in the period compared with that of the same period of the previous FY 2017-2018, the pace of development budge execution still remains slower with maintaining status quo of hurried expenditure of a big chunk of allocation in the last month.
The government’s ADP implementing agencies, including ministries and divisions, will have to spend Tk 44,957 crore or 32 per cent of total allocation in June, the last month of the fiscal year, to achieve the full implementation target.
Planning minister MA Mannan on Wednesday released the update of ADP implementation at a press briefing at planning commission after a meeting the executive committee of the national economic council.
He said the ministries and divisions could spend Tk 1,20,043 crore until penultimate month the current fiscal against the expenditure of Tk 98,978 crore until same month of the previous fiscal.
In March, the national economic council made downward revision of the current ADP by Tk 8,000 crore to Tk 1.65 lakh crore from originally proposed Tk 1.73 lakh crore due to slower progress of it and resource constraints.
In the first 10 months (July-April) of the current fiscal, the government agencies managed to spend Tk 96,493 crore or 54.63 per cent of the ADP allocation.
Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Division that looks after the implementation status of the development projects held a review of them May 16, according to the division officials.
The officials said they found election commission, ministry of land, rural development and cooperative division, power division, and science and technology were making good progress in implementing their projects.
The ministry of youth and sports, statistics and informatics division, ministry of religious affairs, medical education and family welfare division and ministry of railway were lagging behind the targets, they said.
The government allocated Tk 1,45,023 crore to 15 ministries that accounts 82.11 per cent of the revised ADP in the current fiscal.
The ministries and divisions, according to the officials, could spend Tk 1,01,858 crore or 70.24 per cent of the revised ADP.
In a bid to accelerate the ADP implementation rate, the government has already eased the fund release process by waiving the provision of getting approval from the ministry of finance for releasing fund for the last two quarters of a financial year.
The projects directors now automatically get the fund of last two quarters.
Despite the lacked capacity, the government has taken ADP worth Tk 2,02,721 crore in the new fiscal to be started from July, 24.37 per cent higher than the revised ADP.
Of the new outlay, Tk 1,30,921 crore or 64.58 per cent will be generated from the local sources while the remaining Tk 71,800 crore or 35.42 per cent would come from foreign sources as project assistance.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

images