A schoolboy died and another was injured being electrocuted in Sylhet on Monday morning.
The deceased was identified as Mashuk Uddin, 13, son of Zahur Uddin of village Assampara of Goainghat upazila in Sylhet, and a Class VII student of Hazi Sohrab Ali School and College.
Goainghat police officer-in-charge Abdul Zalil said that Mashuk and his friend Sohag Ahmad came in contact of a power supply line around 9:30am while they were cutting branches of a tree near Assampara Government Primary School.
Mashuk died on the spot while Sohag was admitted to local upazila health complex in a critical condition, he said.
The body was handed over the victim’s family without post-mortem examinations, he added.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country