Cabinet nod to donation collection for running community clinics

United News of Bangladesh . Dhaka | Published: 00:43, Jul 31,2018

 
 

The cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Community Clinic Health Assistance Trust Bill, 2018 for ensuring participation of the rural people in the healthcare services and collecting donation for trust fund to run the country’s community clinics.
The approval came from the cabinet meeting held with prime minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at her office.
After the meeting, secretary (coordination and reform) at the cabinet division NM Ziaul Alam briefed reporters at the secretariat.
He said the cabinet gave the final approval to the bill on condition of bringing some changes to the draft bill.
“The goals of the Community Clinic Trust Assistance Bill is to ensure the participation of the people in coordinated healthcare services to rural people, to provide the healthcare services by using funds of the trust, and collect necessary social assistances and donation from individuals and organizations for providing the health services,” he said.
Besides, an effective referral system will be established between the community clinics and other hospitals including Union-level health sub-centres, upazila health complexes, district-level hospitals, specialized hospitals and medical college hospitals, the Secretary said.
According to the proposed law, there will be an advisory council of the trust, headed by the Prime Minister, and a 14-member board to be headed by managing director to regulate the trust. An additional secretary-level official will be the managing director of the board.
Ziaul Alam said there are now 13,861 community clinics across the country and the government has a plan to set up 1029 more community clinics.
He said the community clinics have so far rendered services to 62.57 crore patients (on multiple count basis) across the country.
Besides, the second quarterly (April-June) report 2018 on implementation of the cabinet’s decisions was placed at the meeting.
As per the report, some 75 per cent of the cabinet’s decisions have already been implemented in the second quarter of this calendar year, while the implementation of the remaining 25 per cent decisions is underway.
The cabinet took a total of 84 decisions between April and June 2018. Of these, 63 decisions have been implemented.
Besides, the cabinet adopted felicitation motion greeting Bangladesh National Cricket Team for clinching ODI series by beating West Indies in their land.
It also adopted two condolence motions expressing deep shock at the death of ex-whip and Awami League MP from Khulna-4 SM Mostafa Rashidi Suja and ex-CHT affairs minister and former president of Awami League Khagrachari unit Kalparanjan Chakma. 

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

images

 

Advertisement

images