Couple burnt in Manikganj gas cylinder blast

United News of Bangladesh | Published: 10:15, Nov 15,2017

 
 

A couple was injured as a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Gangadhar Patti area of Manikganj town early Wednesday.

A gas cylinder at the kitchen of the house went off when Sabina Yesmin, wife of Hamidur Rahman, tried to ignite the gas burner and caught fire around 4:30am, leaving the couple burnt severely.

The injured — Sabina with 70 per cent burns, and Hamidur with 40 per cent burns — were rushed to Manikganj General Hospital and later shifted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, said Lutfar Rahman, residential medical officer of the general hospital.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

images

 

Advertisement

images