A man died after being electrocuted at his dormitory near Sarulia bazaar at Demra in the capital early Tuesday.
The victim was identified as Md Hadis Mia, 30, of village Baghaikandi under Bhairab in Kishoreganj.
The victim’s nephew Md Mostak Hossain who used to live with him said Hadis used to live in a bachelors’ dormitory, kept his wife and four children at his village home.
He used to earn his livelihood by vending nuts and other goods on roads, Mostak said.
He said that Hadis was electrocuted when was connecting his mobile phone charger to an electric line at about 11:30pm on Monday.
Hadis was rushed to a local clinic from where he later was sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital at 2:00am.
Referring to physicians, DMCH police outpost in-charge Bachchu Mia told New Age that Hadis was brought dead.
Want stories like this in your inbox?
Sign up to exclusive daily email
More Stories from Country