Two kids electrocuted in Munshiganj

United News of Bangladesh . Munsiganj | Published: 00:49, Aug 12,2017 | Updated: 01:04, Aug 12,2017

 
 

Two minor boys died after being from electrocuted and three people sustained injuries at village Adhara Saradi in Munsiganj Sadar on Friday afternoon.
Police said that a live electric wire had got snapped and fell into a pond at the village.
Rohan, 5, son of Kamal Miah, and Junayed, 7, son of Nuruzzman, residents of the village, got electrocuted after they fell into the pond while playing adjacent to the water-body.
Soon after the incident, mothers of the two kids — Maksuda Begum and Malati Begum — and Ruhul Amin, also a resident of the village, jumped into the pond to rescue the duo.
Locals later removed the live electric wire from the pond, rescued the five and sent them to Munshiganj General Hospital where doctors declared Rohan and Junayed dead while Maksuda, Malati and Ruhul were admitted to hospital. 

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

images

 

Advertisement

images