Three of a family electrocuted in city

Published: 14:26, Jun 19,2017

 
 

Three members of a family including a minor died of electrocution at their Islambagh house of Lalbagh area in the capital on Monday.

 The victims were identified as Sharmin Begum, 30, her daughter Arfin, 05, and mother-in-law, Amena Begum, 55.

The trio came in contact with a snapped electric cable on the first floor of a tin-shed house in Islambagh area, after a transformer blast in the morning, witnesses said.

 Physicians at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital pronounced them dead on arrival around 11:30am after the victims were taken there, said sub-inspector Bacchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH police out-post.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

images

 

Advertisement

images