Woman burnt to death in Natore fire

United News of Bangladesh | Published: 09:50, Mar 23,2017

 
 

A septuagenarian woman was burnt to death and her daughter-in-law injured when a fire broke out at a house at village Mashinda of Baraigram upazila in Natore early Thursday.

The fire originated from a mosquito coil at the house of Ayjan Bibi, 75, around 2:30am and it soon spread around, said Nilufar Yasmin, chairman of Nagar Union.

Ayjan was burnt alive as she could not come out of the house while her daughter-in-law Ajela Begum suffered injuries as she came in contact with the snapped electric wire. She was taken to a local clinic.

However, local people managed to extinguish the blaze and recovered the charred body of Ayjan.

Three thatched houses were also gutted while two cattle heads died in the fire incident.

More about:

Want stories like this in your inbox?

Sign up to exclusive daily email

Advertisement

images

 

Advertisement

images