25 hurt as fire breaks out at Tongi RMG factory

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

At least 25 people were injured in a fire which has broken out at a readymade garment factory at Sataish of Tongi in Gazipur on Saturday.
Quoting survivors, fair service and police said the fire originated around 4:30 pm at SS and Fame Sweaters that is housed on the fourth floor of Chaity Complex and fire immediately spread to other floors of the building.
All the injured had given treatment to different hospitals including Tongi Government Hospital.
Seven units from Tongi and Gazipur and Kurmitola fire services rushed to the spot to douse the flame. Tongi fire service suspect that the fire originated from electric short-circuit. They said loss and damaged could not be known immediately.
Officer-in-Charge of Tongi police station Ismail Hossain told BSS that at least 25 workers were injured. He said the fire was brought under control in the evening.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement