26 houses burnt in Savar fire

JU Correspondent

At least 26 houses were burnt in a fire at RMG workers’ colony in Nishchintaopur of Ashulia in Savar on Wednesday afternoon.
Two fire units of Dhaka Export Processing Zone brought the fire under control in an hour’s efforts.
DEPZ officer Abdul Hamid, quoting local people, said the fire originated in a tin-shed house of the area about 2:00pm and soon it engulfed the adjacent 25 houses.
The extent of damage was huge because villagers did not try to douse the blaze in fear of being electrocuted, he said, adding that the loss caused by fire could not be estimated immediately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement